Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Presupposition and Metaphysics

Its a bit of a handicap having a lousy memory.

I see that in the draft "conversation" I had already casually made the connection (between presupposition and metaphysics) by describing (in section 4.5 "Metaphysics") descriptive metaphysics as concerned with metaphysics "as presupposed in ordinary language" (is this how Strawson describes it?).

So I already have a start, in 4.5, on a comparison of metaphysics in Grice and Carnap, but had not at that stage the opinion I am now moving towards on the importance of a conciliation on metaphysics for "The City".

However, I am inclined to start afresh on this, and first to post something on metaphysics on Carnap Corner.

RBJ

PS  I just noticed that my last post on "one Bete too many" was very badly formatted so I went back and edited it to make it more readable.

No comments:

Post a Comment